- Chop the chicken breast, carrot, bamboo shoots and shallot into fine strips. Soak the rice noodles and leave them to drain. Trim the seeds and the roots off of the bean sprouts.
- Heat the sesame oil in a pan and fry the chicken strips fiercely. Add the carrot, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, rice noodles, Dajong and shallot and fry for another minute while stirring.
- Blend the cornflour with the soy sauce, fish sauce and Sambal Oelek, tip into the pan, bring to the boil and stir well. Put the pan aside and let it cool. Meanwhile soak the rice paper sheets in a big bowl of water, then drain.
- Spread the rice sheets on a big work surface. Put 2 spoons of the stuffing onto each rice paper sheet. Fold in the edges of the sheets and roll them up using the beaten egg to seal the edges. Grease the perforated steam oven dish (supplied with oven) with oil and place the spring rolls on it.
- Steam on shelf level 2, on Steam setting 3 at 99°C for 20 minutes.
Put the spring rolls in threes on preheated plates, and serve garnished with Thai basil leaves and roasted sesame seeds, with soy sauce and sweet chilli on the side.