- Crush the crab claws by smashing them with a pan or similar.
- Place in sauté pan. Roast on high heat so that the shells become somewhat white and loosened so that liquid can enter.
- Cut and add the tomatoes, fennel, potato, onion and garlic and pour over the oil. Sauté until soft.
- Pour in the wine and bring to boil. Then pour in the boiling water and lower the heat to low. Let the broth simmer for about 90 minutes. Strain the broth, first through a wire strainer and then through a filter cloth.
- Keep the broth warm on a low heat.
- Place the scallops and fish fillet pieces into separate pans. Pour a ladle of broth into each saucepan. Poach each pan on a low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Bring the simmering broth to a boil and add the mussels and prawns. Cook with the lid on for about 2 minutes.
Place the pieces of fish, mussels and prawns into a shallow plate or bowl, and pour the broth into a serving jug for your guests to help themselves.