- 200g dark chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 160g sugar
- 250g soft butter
- 100g flour
- 40g cornflour
- 300g white chocolate
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp cherry brandy
- 1 packet dark icing glaze (125g)
- Melt the chocolate and separate the eggs. Whisk the egg whites stiff with a pinch of salt. Add the icing sugar and keep whisking until mixture becomes glossy.
- Stir the yolks with vanilla sugar, sugar and soft butter to obtain a fluffy cream. Sieve the flour and cornflour, add it to the cream and mix this to create a biscuit mixture. Split this into two equal portions.
- Stir half the mixture with melted dark chocolate. Fold the beaten egg white in equal portions into the two mixtures.
- Line a flat baking sheet generously with parchment and spread the light dough evenly over it. Bake it on shelf level 2 on the 'Moist Fan Baking' programme at 160°C for 8 minutes.
- Next, spread the dark dough on the baked dough and smooth it carefully. Bake it on the same settings for a further 12-13 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen any stuck edges and slide the cake onto a work surface. Cover it immediately with a hot tea towel to ensure that it cools slowly and stays soft.
- Melt the white chocolate with the butter and stir in the cherry brandy. Spread this over the cake and roll it to create a roulade. Melt the glaze and coat the roulade with it, then store it in a cool place until you are ready to serve.
Garnish with fresh cherries, juice and chopped nuts over vanilla cream.