- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml red wine vineger
- 400g tomatoes, peeled
- 2 small slices of white bread
- Salt & pepper
- Basil, to taste
- 12 tiger prawns
- Peel the peppers with a vegetable peeler, cut in half and remove seeds. Finely dice 1 of the peppers and cut the other into chunks. Peel and halve the cucumber. Remove the seeds (but save them) and dice one half; cut the other half into chunks.
- Place all the vegetable chunks in a bowl along with the cucumber seeds. Add the peeled and chopped onion and garlic along with the vegetable stock, olive oil, vinegar, peeled tomatoes and bread slices. Season with salt and pepper and leave in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Pull the basil leaves from their stems and add to the finely diced cucumber and pepper. Place in the refrigerator.
- Shell and devein the prawns. Season with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Steam on shelf level 3 on Steam setting 2 at 95°C for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Purée the chunky vegetables in a blender and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve the soup in chilled soup bowls with three prawns per bowl. Sprinkle with the finely-diced vegetables and basil.